Flag & Tackle Divisions
Flag Football Program (5–7 year olds)
- Two levels for Flag: 5–6 year olds and 6–7 year olds.
- The Pekin Flag program is all in-house, meaning all games are at home and they play other Pekin JFL teams within our program. Practice is during the week, for an hour. Games are Mondays only during the week after Labor Day. All practices and all games are at the Pekin JFL fields
- All players are required to participate in our fundraiser by selling at least 3 items.
- Each Flag player will get a game shirt that they get to keep at the end of the season and all other required equipment will be provided. Most players wear cleats, but it is not required and at this age, soccer or baseball cleats are fine.
- More information will be added along with schedules and time lines.
Tackle Football Program (8–14 year olds)
- 6 age groups of Tackle Football (8 years, 9U, 10U, 11U, 12U, 14U)
- Practices are 5–6:30, Monday through Thursday.
- Games are either Saturday or Sunday depending on the level your player is at.
- The levels are determined by age on September 1.
- 8U, 9U, 10U AND 11U play in the Saturday division.
- 12U AND 14U play in the Sunday division and games will take place in the afternoon.
- Usually 4 of the 8 games are home and 4 away, although this can vary.
- The first week of practice is mostly spent evaluating the players (Practice schedules will be released at a later date).
- All players must be allowed a certain amount of game time. No one is “cut”, everyone plays in our program.
- All required equipment is provided except a practice jersey (an old t-shirt is fine for that). Only equipment provided by Pekin JFL can be used. No metal cleats are allowed. We have a large box of donated cleats for those in need of a free option. Mouth pieces are provided. Anyone with braces will need a specific mouth guard available for purchase at most sporting goods stores. Consult with your child’s orthodontist for more details.